Sorry I couldn’t find any pictures of white children starving in Haiti to try and make my point, but really? Are we going to just side step any real issue and claim that since a white person puts up a picture with a black child that he’s an asshole?
The real issue is that people EVERYWHERE need help. Africa isn’t the go-to place for poverty neither should any of us be smug and proud about taking a picture of a starving black child and pasting it on a demotivational poster to prove how bad religion is.
I get it. Religion is not helping poverty, but neither is these posters. We’re not side stepping any issue, I’m telling you, as a person of colour, to stop putting up pictures of starving kids in Africa to prove your point about something irrelevant.
People tend to exploit minorities and use pictures and articles for their agenda. Why don’t we ask the person who has been dying of malnutrition what they want instead of defending hate against religion? Let’s actually help them instead of hiding behind a computer and a) dreaming about helping these kids out like missionaries or b) getting angry at religion for not helping kids out.
What Juthika Said. And starving white kids is so not the problem or the ‘issue’ here. And for the last fucking tyme WHAT IS THIS ISSUE you’re talking about? Evangelism? Kids are made to eat Bibles? WHAT? What guarantee that with Bibles there are no food packets? What guarantee that these kids will not reject what they’re being taught?
Oh I know. You don’t assume this Brown Space or Dusty Land — pick whatever makes you feel better — is capable of well, anything at all. It’s just a space for peeps lyke you to hack into and
colonisehelp. Next tyme you want to ‘help’, set a fucking click-through link to organisations who ‘aid’ to ‘change’ the ‘issue’ okay? Okay.
(go away, hatefulatheist)
- sententiola likes this
- ladyofleisuredc likes this
- whatfreshhellisthis likes this
- arulpragasams likes this
- thatfuckinghippy likes this
- dawningofnovelty reblogged this from arulpragasams and added:
- dawningofnovelty likes this
- formerlyaeraspais likes this
- numol likes this
- hatefulatheist said: Haiti isn’t in Africa. You can’t talk about how I “exploit” minorities, but when the goal is to try and raise awareness of issues that these people face, not just in African, but all over the place, isn’t your outrage a bit misguided?
- tapesongs reblogged this from arulpragasams
- psionichounds likes this