[WARNING: white person whitesplaining about the n-word]
This is the last paragraph in an article on Gwyneth Paltrow’s use of the N-word.
“But Paltrow isn’t the only person confused about the etiquette for using the N-word. There’s one simple rule. If you are not African American there is no instance for using the word that is not going to be taken offensively. If doesn’t matter if you’re friends with the most prominent African Africans on the planet, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Oprah or President Obama. Don’t. Use. The. Word.”
So, basically, this is saying that if you’re black it’s okay to say it but if you’re white it isn’t. Last time I checked, limiting the freedom of someone based on the color of their skin was called racism, and it was pretty frowned upon.
loooooool did you just fucking type ‘limiting the freedom of someone’ while referring to white people being asked not to use a word that was used in a dehumanizing way to justify the enslavement of Black people and is used today to justify all manner of mistreatment of them still?
No, nobody’s making a fucking law saying that white people can’t say it. Our freedom isn’t being limited. It’s just that if you’re white and you say it, you might be made to feel guilty for it. That’s not somebody limiting your freedom. That’s somebody asking you not to oppress them.
So you’re concerned about being made to feel guilty about using a word that actually did and does limit the freedom of Black folks, who have every right to reclaim a slur against them in any fucking way they feel like it, and you want to say that it’s the same thing?
Noooooooooooo. Get all the way the fuck out.
What kind of fuckery is this.
“You’re limiting my freedom!”
Why do white people act like teenagers whining about having a curfew when it comes to using the n-word?
You know what, white people? In the end, no one can stop you from saying it. But in turn, you can’t stop others from:
- calling you the racist that you are
- thinking lowly of you as a person
- questioning your intelligence
- mocking you
- telling you to go the fuck away and drink bleach
- cussing you the fuck out
- wishing bad things will happen to you and hoping they will
- to never, ever want to associate with you EVER
- never respecting you because you’re such a fucking embarrassment to society
You can’t limit our freedom, either.
If you just really HAVE to use a word that was made to dehumanize us, at least be a grown up who can face the consequences and doesn’t whine about it.
I’m sorry, but did you even read what I wrote? Where did I say “I am angry because I want to say the N-word because I’m a racist.”
I don’t use that word because of the offense it holds with it. But why would anyone want to use it, especially blacks, when it is such a derogatory term? My point was, the writer of the article made it clear that there is a double standard with this word, and to me, that’s not okay. No one should say it.
You didn’t read what I wrote either.
That word was made BY WHITE PEOPLE to dehumanize black people, and it’s been used that way for centuries.
It helps uphold the status quo that is white supremacy. That status quo was made BY WHITE PEOPLE and is still upheld BY WHITE PEOPLE today.
That’s right, by YOU. Personally.
Black people use it to reclaim it — to take it’s power away when it’s used against us to dehumanize us. But black people using the word isn’t a debate that should concern you. You should be held responsible for what YOU say, as A WHITE PERSON.
When you use that word, white person, you are enforcing white supremacy by being a white person and saying it. Therefore, you would be a racist, and you shouldn’t be surprised to be called such.
And you’re very right — it is a double standard.
But history and society is a double standard, so get the fuck over it.
holy shit, OP, shut up.
and your “did you read what i wrote?” bullshit is typical deflection — because it’s easier for you to assume you [fellow whitey who gets the full benefits of racism and is NEVER oppressed by it] understand this shit better than cruelestyouth, and that she ~just didn’t get what you meant~, than it is for you to acknowledge that she obviously knows better than you, understands what you meant and knows you are full of shit.
also it’s impossible to be “racist against whites” under a white supremacist system, asshat.
- teamocorazon reblogged this from searchingforknowledge
- viciousbonbon likes this
- makeshiftpoet reblogged this from shorm
- aplethoraofwords reblogged this from shorm
- ragsapril likes this
- ofstars likes this
- seaoftinyflames reblogged this from jcoleknowsbest
- getjoontomy-y likes this
- bubonickitten likes this
- jcoleknowsbest reblogged this from stfuyoustupidcunt and added:
- stfuyoustupidcunt reblogged this from mimicryisnotmastery and added:
- sans-nuage likes this
- ziggymardust likes this
- touchmeordont likes this
- phantomfishes reblogged this from sugahwaatah
- parkbenchlove likes this
- mariavontraphouse reblogged this from native-detroiter
- native-detroiter reblogged this from sugahwaatah and added:
- formerly-fyna likes this
- silvershrike likes this
- karentocity reblogged this from sugahwaatah
- eclipsed-wren likes this
- floridadamsel likes this
- karentocity likes this
- sugahwaatah reblogged this from jcoleknowsbest and added:
- kermit123 reblogged this from bookishboi
- tenliyad reblogged this from searchingforknowledge
- youngblackandfit likes this
- shalimarfox80 reblogged this from since1938
- shalimarfox80 likes this
- latinagabi likes this
- birchsoda reblogged this from igethighwithkendall and added:
- bookishboi reblogged this from thebigblackwolfe
- thebigblackwolfe reblogged this from searchingforknowledge
- pellomyxa likes this
- tariqk reblogged this from searchingforknowledge and added:
- atlasaire likes this
- kittycatstevens likes this
- therearecertainshadesoflimelight likes this
- flitling likes this
- purplenana likes this
- poetic-ness reblogged this from bookishboi and added:
- preconceived likes this
- igethighwithkendall posted this